Llŷn Adventures and the National Trust
Between Whitsun and September we run ‘turn up and have a go’ kayaking sessions at Aberdaron through an exciting partnership with the National Trust. The meeting place and session start point is Porth y Swnt.
These introductory kayaking sessions run from Aberdaron beach using single seat and tandem sit on top kayaks which are easy to paddle and are very stable. Sessions vary depending on the sea conditions. When the sea is calm we offer a scenic journey learning about the fascinating coastline, rich local history and incredible wildlife including sea birds like puffins and Manx shearwaters, as well as seals and porpoises. If the sea is rough and the weather is still favourable we will offer surf sessions in the waves.
During the session you will be looked after by a qualified kayaking coach who will kit you out with all the necessary equipment and look after you throughout your adventure.
- Through Whitsun and summer school holidays sessions will run on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- From 11th June to 9th July and 3rd to 24th September sessions will run on Saturdays. There is no need to pre-book so you can turn up and have a go. However if you are keen to secure a place you can book in advance by contacting Porth y Swnt or Llyn Adventures www.llynadventures.com
- You need to bring swimwear, old trainers and a towel
- Activity duration is 2 hours
- Session start times are 10:00, 12:30 and 14:45
- Maximum number of 8 kayakers per session
- Minimum age is 8 and we advise that children under 11 should be accompanied by an adult.
- Young children are best sharing one of the tandem kayaks with one or two adults.
- Swimming ability is useful but not vital
- A session costs £25 per person, (20% reduction for National Trust members).
Booking other activities
If you are keen to try other activities like surfing, coasteering or rock climbing you can also make an activity booking with staff at the Porth y Swnt visitor centre. These activities take place at various other locations around the Llŷn. What are you waiting for, why not get out into our beautiful countryside and see it from a different perspective by giving a new adventure activity a go!